Need help in understanding x86 syscall

I had this question. As per my understanding, in the
Linux system call implementation on x86 architecture
the call flows like this int 0x80 -> syscall ->
sys_call_vector(taken from the table)-> return from
interrupt service routine.

Now I had the doubt that if the the syscall
implementation is very large will the scheduling and
other interrupts be blocked for the whole time till
the process returns from the ISR (because in an ISR by
default the interrupts are disabled unless ?sti? is
called explicitly)? That?s appears to be too long for
the scheduling or other interrupts to be blocked?
Am I missing something here?
    Thanks
        Ukil