Re: irqpoll causing some breakage?

Alan Cox wrote:
What do the other reports look like ?

Here's one:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-361718-highlight-irqpoll.html

This possibly suggests that the irqpoll patch actually caused a "nobody cared" which wasn't there previously. (Now that I have looked closer at the patch, I realise how unlikely this is, but this was my reaction at the time!)

I had another report like that by email (another network adapter, "nobody cared" message appeared which wasn't there before). The revision difference was even smaller and again irqpoll was my suspect. But he never responded to my request to test reverting the irqpoll patch and file a bug. I'll dig up the email and send a reminder.

Given that I haven't been able to pinpoint irqpoll as the cause of these, I don't think you should worry about them at this stage. The only interesting one at the moment is the keyboard/mouse thing...

Daniel