Re: rc5 seemed to kill a disk that rc4-mm1 likes. Also some X trouble.

Dave Airlie wrote:

    I switched back to 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 at this point for another reason,
    my X display aquired a nasty tendency to go blank for no reason
    during work,
    something I could fix by changing resolution baqck and forth.  X
    also tended to get
    stuck for a minute now and then - a problem I haven't seen since
    early 2.6.

which head the radeon or MGA or both?

The radeon 9200SE-pci gets stuck. The MGA-agp seems to be fine. I have compiled
dri support for both, but I can't use it at the moment.  I think that is
caused by having ubuntu's xorg installed on debian.  I needed xorg
in order to run an xserver that doesn't use any tty - this way I can use
two keyboards and have two simultaneous users. Debians xorg wasn't ready
at the moment. The setup is fine with 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 x86-64, no problems there.

Helge Hafting