[KORG] Re: Changes to kernel.org website

Nick Sillik wrote:
I think the following should be changed on the kernel.org web site?

In "New to Linux?" Section

   Note, however, that most distributions are very large,
   so unless you have a _very_fast_Internet_link_ you may want
   to save yourself some hassle and purchase a CD-ROM with
   a distribution; such CD-ROMs are available from a number
   of vendors.

I don't think that "very fast internet link is a good way to describe what is meant?

Maybe we should tell them how large the distrubution are (650mb and more) or
instead we could say say that we recommend above a certain bandwidth.

The confusion is as follows:
I have a good cable connection (~5mb/s) but I wouldn't consider this "very fast" because I know of much faster connections. Would this scare me away from downloading Linux
or even using it at all? Probably.

Just thought it's best to be clear.

Nick Sillik
[email protected]

Good point. That was written in 1997 or so, and isn't really accurate anymore.

	-hpa