Re: 2.6.13-rc5-mm1

Rogério Brito <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks Andrew, for including the vfat speedup patch.
>
> It has really improved a lot the performance of access to directories
> having many subdirectories in an external Firewire HD that I have.
>
> I'd say that if others don't have problems with it, then it should be
> in 2.6.13, as far as I am concerned.

It's probably a bit late to be able to determine that.  This one's 2.6.14
material, sorry.

> BTW, everything is working fine with the sbp2/ieee1394 drivers that
> are in the mm tree.

Good to hear.

> It seems that there are some issues with ALSA, though. I will report
> back as soon as I see if these are userland problems or not (it worked
> fine with vanilla 2.6.13-rc5).

OK, thanks for testing and reporting.  Our turnaround time for ALSA fixes
is not fantastic, really, so any problems which we currently have will
probably carry over into 2.6.13.  If you can raise a bugzilla record for
any problems in -rc6 I'll make sure they aren't forgotten.