Re: Obsolete files in 2.6 tree

On 8/4/05, Miklos Szeredi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Well, don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't use it
> > anymore. If anyone needs  a fully-functional befs driver, the easiest
> > route to that would probably be getting Haiku's befs driver to compile
> > in userland as a FUSE fs.
>
> That has already been done:
>
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/mountlo-i386-0.1.tar.gz
>
> All is needed is a working FUSE installation, and the above binary, to
> be able to mount any filesystem image/partition.

I think you mis-understand. Mountlo seems to allow one to mount
(through FUSE) any filesystem image for which there is a linux kernel
kernel driver available. This is a very nice capability.

But what I speak of is to port the 100% feature-complete (and
well-tested) befs driver from the Haiku project's kernel to the FUSE
interface. This should be a considerably easier task than porting it
to the linux kernel vfs interface. Among other reasons for this, parts
of Haiku's kernel (including their befs driver) are written in c++.

--
Will Dyson