Re: [2.6 patch] remove support for gcc < 3.2

[email protected] (Gustavo Guillermo Pérez) writes:
> Please keep the 2.95 support I use to use a lot, on not new hardware.
> If you have old hardware with not much resources gcc 2.95 works just fine and
> fast, even you build the main kernel on other machine, by compatibility
> issues one or two drivers should be builded a lot of times into the older
> hardware, then we are forced to build gcc 3.4 or something like.

Moreover I get some weird networking problems which prevent setting up the
routes (RNETLINK invalid argument messages) when I compile my kernel with
4.0.1 while the same kernel, same config works fine compiled with 3.2.3...

So eventhough 4.0 is supposed to be supported, it doesn't work too well in
my case.
--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer