Re: hotplug problem

Hi Ben!

bgerard wrote:
I'm working on an embeded system with linux kernel 2.4.27 and busybox 1.00. Lately I've decided to add hotplug feature to my kernel in order to automaticaly mount usb keys.

When I plug the usb key, I can see in the kernel debug that "/sbin/hotplug" is called but my script is not executed. I've tried to replace the hotplug script by a simple one but nothing appeared. Here is my script :
#!/bin/sh
echo "usb key un/plugged"

I don't know much about hotplugging on 2.4.x and how you might need
to enable it in /proc... it just works for me on 2.6. with
CONFIG_HOTPLUG enabled and the latest hotplug-scripts.

The script is working when I run it myself (./sbin/hotplug )

I've also noticed that when kmod try to call modprobe, it's not executed while the debug message says that everything went fine.

Try newer modutils?

And you might have more luck asking on:
[email protected]

Greets,