Re: powerbook power-off and 2.6.13-rc[3,4]

Hi!

> > > Not really. The keyboard is USB, and there's no PS/2 connector. I guess
> > > I maybe could do it via a timer, unload the modules and then have it
> > > shut down afterwards...
> >
> > I'll build a kernel without USB and drive the laptop over the net and
> > see what happens.
>
> Without CONFIG_USB the poweroff still hangs, and this time the panel
> goes completly white with dark spots appearing all over it (kinda scary
> btw). A 5 seconds press on the power button force it to power off.

Yep, looks like screen burning, right? So it is different kind of hang
=> USB has some problem but there's another one, too?

> This is on a 2.6.13-rc4, and I'm attaching the .config in case it
> matters.

Could you try inserting printks to see where it hangs? Aha, with
display turned off that is not going to be funny.
								Pavel
--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.