Re: Power consumption HZ100, HZ250, HZ1000: new numbers

On 2005-08-02T10:02:59, Lee Revell <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Maybe new desktop systems - but what about the tens of millions of old
> > systems that don't.
> Does anyone really give a shit about saving power on the desktop anyway?
> This is basically a laptop issue.

Desktops? Screw desktops. (Unless of course you're one of those
environmental friendly guys, but then you probably are simply too cheap
to buy a SUV too!)

But rather think "data center".

Those guys want maximum cycles per watt. One way of getting there is
using less watts when we don't use all cycles. This bring down power
consumption, which directly brings down heat production, which brings
down A/C needs.

Everyone wants to save power.

--
High Availability & Clustering