Re: BUG: atomic counter underflow at ip_conntrack_event_cache_init+0x91/0xb0 (with patch)

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 02:47:55AM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
> > Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> >>this doesn't fix it actually, see dmesg below:

blame me... It seems I forgot a damn --dry-run while applying your
first patch :P
And in fact your first fix solves the BUG I was seeing.

> > It looks like ip_ct_iterate_cleanup and ip_conntrack_event_cache_init
> > race against each other with assigning pointers and grabbing/putting the
> > refcounts if called from different contexts.
>
> This should be a fist step towards fixing it. It's probably incomplete
> (I'm too tired to check it now), but it should fix the problem you're
> seeing. Could you give it a spin?

building right now

> BTW, ip_ct_iterate_cleanup can only be called from ipt_MASQUERADE when
> a device goes down. It seems a bit odd that this is happending on boot,
> is there anything special about your setup?

yes, ifplugd. This morning I noticed that booting without networking a
nd without loading ip_conntrack (no iptables rules) everything proceeded
smoothly. So rebooting normally I noticed that the BUG was triggered as
soon as ifplugd configured eth0 (with ip_conntrack already loaded).
I'll try to narrow the thing more and let you know.

--
mattia
:wq!