Re: Driver for sata adapter promise sata300 tx4

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Mon, Aug 01 2005, Daniel Drake wrote:

Otto Meier wrote:

My question is also are these features (NCQ/TCQ) and the heigher datarate be supported by this
modification? or is only the basic feature set of sata 150 TX4 supported?

NCQ support is under development. Search the archives for Jens Axboe's recent patches to support this. I don't know about TCQ.

It's done for ahci, because we have documentation. I have no intention
on working on NCQ for chipset where full documentation is not available.
But the bulk of the code is the libata core support, adding NCQ support
to a sata_* driver should now be fairly trivial (with docs).

I have docs for the Promise NCQ stuff. Once NCQ is fully fleshed out (I haven't wrapped my brain around it in a couple weeks), it shouldn't be difficult to add NCQ support to sata_promise.

	Jeff