Re: IBM HDAPS, I need a tip.

On 8/1/05, Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 04:07 -0400, Yani Ioannou wrote:
> > Well don't forget there is a bios 'calibration' routine that you will
> > see on start up (especially if you are on a moving vehicle/train).
>
> I've never seen that.  Could you please elaborate on what you see, and
> when?

Sorry it says diagnostics, not calibration, but the way it behaves
leads me to believe its doing some sort of calibration. If you boot up
your thinkpad, get rid of your bios splash screen (esc), and tilt the
thinkpad back and forth you will see something about IBM Active
Protection diagnostics running and a spinner. If you keep tilting the
notebook back and forth you can actually prevent the machine from
booting because this will fail after a while. Normally you won't see
it, I mainly notice it while in a train or car.

Yani