Re: 2.6VMM, uClinux, & Comedi

Looks quite promising. I would like to run comedi on a blackfin stamp. Please keep me in the loop.

/Bernd

www:    http://www.berndporr.me.uk/
        http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/
Mobile: +44 (0)7840 340069
Work:   +44 (0)141 330 5237
        University of Glasgow
        Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering
        Room 519, Rankine Building, Oakfield Avenue,
        Glasgow, G12 8LT

NZG wrote:
I managed to successfully cross-compile Comedi for the Coldfire uClinux 2.6, however it has several unresolved symbols when I try to load it.

comedi: Unknown symbol pgd_offset_k
comedi: Unknown symbol pmd_none
comedi: Unknown symbol remap_page_range
comedi: Unknown symbol pte_present
comedi: Unknown symbol pte_offset_kernel
comedi: Unknown symbol VMALLOC_VMADDR
comedi: Unknown symbol pte_page

Apparently uClinux isn't implementing these paged memory functions,which
kind of makes sense, but I'm a little fuzzy on what the nommu code is
supposed to be doing exactly, and I couldn't find any documentation on what these functions are doing in the vanilla 2.6 kernel.
Has anyone else been down this road before?
I found Mel Gorman's Thesis on the 2.4 mm functions, but I couldn't find most of these symbols in it. It's looking like the 2.6 mm stuff is still pretty undocumented, any links to documentation (or short text explanations)would be appreciated.
thx.
NZG.