System freeze on USB plugin BKi810 Kernel 2.6

CC responses to [email protected]

As far back as I can remember with Kernel 2.6 on a
BookPC (BKi810) the kernel will lock up solid when a
USB device is inserted.  The curious thing is if the
device is already plugged in when booted up, it will
work normally.

The only recovery is by turning power off.

The last test was with kernel 2.6.12

0000:00:1f.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801AB
USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

Only the UHCI device was selected in kernel
configuration.

There are no messages revealing any trouble, either in
the logs nor with dmesg.  I tried sprinkling kernel
messages around the code but that was ineffective in
localizing the problem to any specific region.

I have attached system information such as lspci
output, the kernel configuration, and /proc/cpuinfo

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail