Re: iptables redirect is broken on bridged setup

[removed a number of unneccessarry CC's from list]

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 12:11:52PM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Linux 2.6.12

Denis, your bug is not getting fixed faster, no matter how often you
will post it at how many places and to how many recipients.  We have
seen it, and we will look at it.

bridging and netfilter/iptables is always a very tricky case, and the
code was developed by separate groups who - as it is my impression -
don't fully understand each others codebase too well.  Also, many of the
possible combinations of bridging and netfilter/iptables have apparently
not been tested (or even used by anyone), so I'm not surprised that you
see some unexpected behaviour.

Also, the bridging/ebtables maintainer Bart de Schuymer is currently on
holidays, as I understand.

So please be patient.
--
- Harald Welte <[email protected]>                 http://netfilter.org/