Re: status of kernel memory debugging?

> UML is still too strange for valgrind, despite progress on both sides
> (valgrind accepting more strange things and UML becoming less
> strange).
>
> I tried grinding UML a month or so ago, and its use of clone was a
> sticking point.

I think I read your remark, yes. Thanks for the update; I hoped some strides
had been made in that direction since then. Personally,  I know to little
about the topic to be of any use.

I guess the best option is then using slab caches per object type, so that I
can at least find obvious memory leaks.

On a sidenote, it'll be interesting to see what valgrind reports once (if?)
the kernel gets a good grinding.

Willem