Re: Kernel BUG at "mm/rmap.c":493 OR corrupt swap partition

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:47:52AM +0100, antoine wrote:
 > My amd64 laptop running 2.6.13-rc3-git7 has rebooted overnight (it was
 > just running seti client), I found this in the logs:
 > (I hope this is useful to someone)
 >

 > comm: cpufreq-applet Tainted: G   M  2.6.13-rc3-git7

At some point prior to this oops, your cpu took a machine check exception.
Given you were hammering the CPU with seti, it was under quite a high
load, and hence running hotter than it would when idling. You may
want to check you've adequate cooling to keep the temperature down.

Continuing to run after an MCE is sometimes hazardous, and just a matter
of time before something bad happens (like this oops in your case).
Given the state of the CPU has become corrupted, in certain cases, you
may not want to trust the data generated by it afterwards.
Just think, due to this, you could have missed that alien transmission. ;-)

		Dave