Re: 2.6.13-rc3-mm3 question

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:50:34AM +0200, Radoslaw AstralStorm Szkodzinski wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:42:38 +0200
> Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > I'm surprised that you are that much concerned about compile errors when
> > using a kernel that might regularly exchange the contents of /dev/hda
> > and /dev/null .
> >
> These bugs don't happen too often in reality.
> Just please don't be malicious and add this kind of code deliberately. :)
>
> Every build breaker wastes my precious time to fix it.
> That's compulsive/obsessive in some way. ;)

Someone has to test it.

Andrew already wastes some of his precious time for testing before
releasing a -mm kernel, but this doesn't catch every compile error.

If a -mm kernel doesn't compile for you, you can:
- apply a patch if it is already available
- fix it yourself
- wait for the next -mm

One of the purposes of -mm kernels is actually to find compile errors.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed