Re: Re[2]: kernel oops, fast ethernet bridge, 2.4.31

I have included a patch that adds Cisco ISL support to the ethernet bridge code.  When I first debugged it I had to make changes to ip_output.c and netfilter_bridge.h to leave room for the ISL header.  The changes to ip_output.c I got from looking at the 2.6 changes and tweeking them a bit.   The same problem I had w/ large UDP packets are going to happen to you as we need to reserve space for the extra bytes that the VLAN uses when fragmenting the UDP packet that is being forwarded.

I think if you take the ip_output.c diffs, along with the nf_bridge_pad()  from netfilter_bridge.h you should be fine.  nf_bridge_tail() is only needed for ISL as it has an extra checksum at the end of the packet.    That can be removed for VLAN only

I have attached the patch,  patch.isl is the patch that I have running w/ ISL support and is working for me.  fix.vlan is just the code I think you need to add.  It wasn't generated by diff so you will need to hand edit it.

If you have questions let me know.  If it fixes your problem, we need to submit it to the ebtables person that is maintaining the 2.4.31 tree as it needs to be released from them.  These changes are in 2.6 already.

- joy leima -