Problem with SMP and NCCH-DL motherboard

Hello,

I'm running a system with an Asus NCCH-DL motherboard with dual Nocona
Xeon 3.2 GHZ cpu's, when I boot the system with a single cpu kernel with
acpi not compiled in it works fine, however when I try to boot a kernel
with smp it gives a timeout detecting the cpus and then the machine
reboots after I think trying to work out the irq tables, I say I think
because it happens so fast that I can barely see what is on the screen
before it reboots.

I've tried recompiling the kernel with many different options both in
and out and the only one that lets me boot is a single cpu without acpi,
apic and hpet, I tried googling for similar problems but haven't been
able to find anything that applies. I've also tried using an EM64T
kernel in case it had to do with the Nocona being incompatible with smp
in 32bit mode but that didn't seem to work and gave the same error.

Is it a kernel problem or a hardware issue? I tried swapping cpu's in
case one was broken but that didn't help, I also tried flashing the bios
to the latest one from Asus in case there was some issue with that but
no luck either.

Also in case this is helpful in locating the problem, when I get it to
boot a single cpu 2.6.12.1 kernel without acpi or apic I get the
following errors with the PCI:

NET: Registered protocol family 16
PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xf1d30, last bus=4
PCI: Using configuration type 1
SCSI subsystem initialized
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
PCI: Ignoring BAR0-3 of IDE controller 0000:00:1f.1
Boot video device is 0000:01:00.0
PCI: Transparent bridge - 0000:00:1e.0
PCI: Using IRQ router PIIX/ICH [8086/25a1] at 0000:00:1f.0
PCI: IRQ 0 for device 0000:00:1f.1 doesn't match PIRQ mask - try
pci=usepirqmask
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:1f.1
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:01:00.0

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Pedro