Re: Stripping in module

Marco:

FWIW, the Red Hat kernel RPMs effectively do the following when they package kernel modules:

	strip -g <module.ko>

This is done via the script:

	/usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip

which is implicitly run on all executable files packaged in the RPM.

If you ensure that the module .ko file is executable, then RPM will strip it for you automatically.

-Chris Wing
[email protected]

---
Budde, Marco <budde_at_telos.de> wrote:

Hi,

at the moment I am packaging a Linux module as an RPM archive.

Therefor I would like to remove some of the not exported/needed
symbols (like e.g. static functions or constants) from the
Linux module.

What is the best way to do this with v2.6.