Re: Re[2]: kernel oops, fast ethernet bridge, 2.4.31

Lukasz Spaleniak <lspaleniak <at> wroc.zigzag.pl> writes:

> On Wednesday, July 20, 2005, 9:44:57 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
 > changed. At least it should have been oopsing from day one.
> It is strange to me too. There is no dependency when it happens.
> Sometimes traffic is small, sometimes it's normal. Packet rates are
> around ~2000-3000 pkt/sec - so not so high.
>
> Regards,
> Lukasz

Lukasz,

I think I have a fix for you.  Verify for me that it is the same problem.  Send
a large UDP packet through the bridge.  I believe the problem is the ip_fragment
code is not taking into account the VLAN header that needs to be added to the
packet when it gets fragmented on the way out.

Just send the large UDP packet through the bridge.  I use ttcp.  If it panics
then I can send you the fix.  There are further changed to ip_output.c