Re: CIFS slowness & crashes

On 7/21/05, Lasse Kärkkäinen / Tronic <[email protected]> wrote:
> I mailed [email protected] (the guy who wrote the driver) about this a
> month ago, but didn't get any reply. Is anyone working on that driver
> anymore?

As far as I know Steve is still maintaining cifs. If you wrote him and
didn't get a response, then try again after a while (you might have
included him on CC for this mail) - maintainers don't always have time
to answer all mail in a timely fashion (or at all), and it's your
responsability to resend - that's not news.

You could also have written to the [email protected]
mailinglist (or copied it - it's listed in MAINTAINERS under "COMMON
INTERNET FILE SYSTEM (CIFS)").

[adding Stephen French to CC]

Personally I'd probably have send the mail
 To: Steve French <[email protected]>
 Cc: [email protected]
 Cc: [email protected]