Re: Linux Benchmarks

On 7/20/05, Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 7/20/05, eliad lubovsky <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Where can I find common Linux benchmarks? I added some changes to system
> > calls and want to check whether it cause any performance degradation.
> > Thanks,
> >
> You could go search Google - http://google.com/
> You could go search Freshmeat - http://freshmeat.net/
> You could go search almost any Linux software archive...
>
> Luckily for you I'm a bit bored and have 2min to spare, so I'll list a
> few for you, but in the future, please try finding them yourself
> first...
>
> aiostress
>   ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/utils/aio-stress.c
>
> bonnie
>   http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/bonnie/
>
> clyde
>   http://tdec.free.fr/clyde/clyde.en.html
>
> contest
>   http://contest.kolivas.org/
>
> dbench
>   http://samba.org/ftp/tridge/dbench/
>
> interbench
>   http://interbench.kolivas.org/
>
> iozone
>   http://www.iozone.org/
>
> lmbench
>   http://www.bitmover.com/lmbench/
>
> nbench
>   http://www.tux.org/~mayer/linux/bmark.html
>
> netperf
>   http://www.netperf.org/
>
> re-aim
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/re-aim-7
>
> sysbench
>   http://sysbench.sourceforge.net/
>
> tbench
>   http://gnunet.org/doxygen/html/dir_000026.html
>
> volanomark
>   http://www.volano.com/benchmarks.html

For the bennefit of people searching the archives, I guss I might as
well list a few more now that I'm at it :

bonnie++
  http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie%2B%2B/

cpuburn
  http://pages.sbcglobal.net/redelm/

glxgears
  http://www.xfree86.org/4.4.0/glxgears.1.html

hdparm (hdparm -tT /dev/drive_to_test)
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdparm/
  http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/hdparm.8.html

iometer
  http://www.iometer.org/

jmeter
  http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html

kernprof
  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/kernprof/

llcbench
  http://icl.cs.utk.edu/projects/llcbench/index.html

lockmeter
  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/lockmeter/

openssl (openssl -speed)
  http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/speed.html

siege
  http://www.joedog.org/siege/

spec
  http://www.spec.org/

specviewperf
  http://www.spec.org/gpc/opc.static/viewperf71info.html

stream
  http://www.cs.virginia.edu/stream/

stress
  http://weather.ou.edu/~apw/projects/stress/

testvidinfo (test program part of the SDL library source, contains a
-benchmark mode)
  http://www.libsdl.org/

vmregress
  http://www.skynet.ie/~mel/projects/vmregress/

And while not really a benchmark tool, the Linux Test Project's test
suite may also be good to use to test for regressions :
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/
StressLinux (http://www.stresslinux.org/) may also be of interrest.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>