Re: [patch] I-pipe 2.6.12-v0.9-02

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:

> On Monday 18 July 2005 09:41, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> >The interrupt pipeline patch v0.9-02 has been released, fixing a
> > latency spot and a bug in the deferred printk() mechanism.
> >
> >A split version of the patch for x86, ppc32 and ia64 is available
> > here: http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/ipipe/split/
> >
> >Patch sequence to build a Linux 2.6.12 tree with I-pipe support:
> >
> >http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.tar.bz2
> >http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/ipipe/ipipe-2.6.12-v0.9-0
> >2.patch
>
> Will this then work with emc?  emc, when run, loads the adeos stuff,
> then unloads it when its stopped.  emc being the linux cnc machine
> controller.
>
> If it will, I'd like to play with it on a bdi-4.20 install.
>
> Or is this a seperate patch?

This will be a separate patch against the I-pipe, adding the missing bits to
support what emc and the like need, in order to run the real-time extension they
rely on. The I-pipe patch series consists of largely reworked Adeos patches only
retaining the interrupt pipeline code from its ancestor. We need a few other
things to support what those real-time extension need to fully cooperate with
Linux (which goes beyond just interposing on interrupts actually).

--
Philippe.