Re: [RFD] FAT robustness

Hiroyuki Machida <[email protected]> writes:

> We currently plan to add following features to address FAT corruption.
>
>     - Utilize standard 2.6 features as much as possible
> 	- Implement as options of fat, vfat and uvfat

What is the uvfat? typo (xvfat)?  Why is this an option (does it have
the big demerit)?

> 	- Utilize noop elevator to cancel unexpected operation reordering

Why don't you use the barrier?

>     - Coordinate order of operations so that update data first, meta
> 	 data later with transaction control

Is this meaning the SoftUpdates? What does this guarantee? How does
this handle the rename(), and cyclic dependency of updates?

>     - With O_SYNC, close() make flush all related data and
> 	 meta-data, then wait completion of I/O

What is this meaning? Why does O_SYNC only flush at close()?

Almost things in your email is needing the detail.
I'm thinking the SoftUpdates is best solution for now. Could you tell
the detail of your solution?
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <[email protected]>