Re: supporting functions missing from inotify patch

>> I don't see an inode operation for registering inotify events in the fs
>> (there is a file operation for dir_notify to register its events).  In
>> create_watch in fs/inotify.c I expected to see something like:
>Why not use the existing dir_notify method?  No point in adding another.

I did not think that inotify_add_watch called dir_notify.  I don't see a path in which
calls to add a new inotify watch end up in a call to fcntl_dirnotify or file->dir_notify
This is for the case in which an app only calls inotify ioctl - ie does not [also] do a call
to dnotify.

Without such a call - an app that does your new ioctl to add a watch on a file or directory will
not cause the network/cluster fs to turn on notification on the server since the watch
will be not seen by the client filesystem.

>> I also don't see exports for
>> 	fsnotify_access
>> 	fsnotify_modify
>>
>> Without these exports, network and cluster filesystems can't notify the
>> local system about changes.
>>
>Eh?
>
>They are in <linux/fsnotify.h>.

OK - you exported a common underlying function
	inotify_inode_queue_event
under the inline functions which the network/cluster fs would call to notify of remote changes.
That makes sense. I had missed that.