Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems appling realtime preempt patch to 2.6.12

Iain Duncan wrote:
yeah, i got this as well ... hasn't seemed to have any noticeable effects, though.

Huh? Does that mean the kernel image is built anyway? I was under the impression that it meant it didn't finish compiling? Am I confused?

If the error was in building a module that you don't use, then it would
be harmless.  This seems to be the case.

Ah, excuse my ignorance please, but does that mean the rest *did* build, or I need to somehow comment out building that module and do it again? And if so, how would I do that? In the kernel makefile?

hmmm ... when i built mine, i didn't get that message until doing:

sudo make modules_install

... it went through the process of installing the modules, and then - the very last line - it gave me:

: undefined reference to `there_is_no_init_MUTEX_LOCKED_for_RT_semaphores'

and it also gave me the same deal when doing:

sudo make install.

so, unless it compiled all the drivers/modules *before* exiting with error, i would try to find out the driver/module that is failing to compile, assess whether you need it or not, and try again (using "make gconfig").

shayne