RE: Kernel 2.6.12 + IO-APIC + uhci_hcd = Trouble

> > Now that we know which is the offending device, it should
> be easy to
> > find out why the IRQ assignments go wrong.  That certainly
> needs to be
> > fixed, even though Michel's problem appears to be solved.
>
> Well, it's solved by currently giving me the choice between
> no USB 2.0 and IO-APIC, or USB 2.0 and no IO-APIC. That makes
> a temporary solution, but I'd love to have both (and recall
> the happy times of 2.4x that was happy with both ;-)
>
> Natalie, could you please tell me which kernel (I have
> started to have a number of them ;-) you'd like me <<  to
> boot with "apic=debug" and also perhaps with "pci=routeirq"
> and collect the trace >>, and with which BIOS setup ? (i.e.
> USB 2.0 enabled or disabled ?).

At this point, you'll need to set the system back to its original state
that you started with, and have both "apic=debug" and "pci=routeirq" as
boot options. I'd say use the last kernel that you prepared with USB
support there (and all usual devices enabled in BIOS).

> When you speak about "collecting the trace", I assume you
> mean the dmesg or /var/log/messages I'll get after booting this way ?

Yes, the dmesg will have all early setup information, including
interrupts setup. With pci=routeirq, all the PCI IRQ mappings should be
there, too, and you might need to include part of /var/log/messages
where USB devices get configured.

Thanks,
--Natalie