Re: Merging relayfs?

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:03:59PM -0400, Karim Yaghmour wrote:

> Greg KH wrote:
> > What ever happened to exporting the relayfs file ops, and just using
> > debugfs as your controlling fs instead?  As all of the possible users
> > fall under the "debug" type of kernel feature, it makes more sense to
> > confine users to that fs, right?
>
> Actually, like we discussed the last time this surfaced, there are far
> more users for relayfs than just debugging.

Based on the proposed users of this fs, I don't see any.  What ones are
you saying are not "debug" type operations?  And yes, I consider LTT a
"debug" type operation :)

The best part of this, is it gives distros and users a consistant place
to mount the fs, and to know where this kind of thing shows up in the fs
namespace.

> What we settled on was having relayfs export its file ops so that
> indeed debugfs users could use it to log things in conjunction with
> debugfs.

Last I looked, this was not possible.  Has this changed in the latest
version?

thanks,

greg k-h