RE: [linux-usb-devel] Kernel unable to read partition table on US B Memory Key

Back again!  (had a 2 day course last week).

> > There are three delays from my patch in the above list,
>
> Yes.  Why are there three instead of just one?  The
> sd_revalidate_disk routine should only be called once
> (although a bug in recent kernels causes it to be called twice).

Don't know; just call them as I see them.

> >  and increasing the
> > delay to 3 seconds didn't help, as I got three one-second delays.
>
> I don't understand.  Why didn't you get three three-second delays?

I did, I just can't type.  Sorry.

> Can you try adding delays before, after, and inbetween the
> calls to sd_read_capacity, sd_read_write_protect_flag, and
> sd_read_cache_type, all near the end of sd_revalidate_disk?

Yes, will do this and post results.

> > Note that I now have the output from the USB Snoop tool
> under Windows
> > if anyone wants it - please ask if needed to help solve the
> issue "correctly".
>
> Can you make it available on a web or ftp site and post the
> URL for interested parties?

(Smacks head)  Why didn't I think of that?

http://users.actrix.co.nz/rtfamily/USBLog1.usblog.bz2 for the Snoopy tool
output and
http://users.actrix.co.nz/rtfamily/USBDebugMsgs.bz2 for the other output I
emailed to this list last week.