Re: reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again

On 07/10/05 08:06:26PM +0400, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> On Sunday 10 July 2005 16:48, Ed Tomlinson wrote:

> > > They let it fall into disrepair when they started work on 4.

> > > Exactly.
> >
> > This is FUD.  Hans do you have figures on how many fixes for R3 have
> > been added in the last year or so?
>
> You don't need Hans to find out how many. linux.bkbits.net is still online.
>
> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/src/fs/reiserfs?nav=index.html|src/|src/fs

Which seems to support the notion that namesys stopped support for reiser3
when reiser4 was started. The tracking of who submittend and who committed
patches wasn't there just over a year ago so sometimes it's hard to tell
who actually posted that patch if someone like Andrew or Linus committed it.
But in most of the changesets on the bkbits site you can go back over 2 years
and not see anything from namesys people. Nearly all of the fixes commited
in the past 2-3 years are from SuSe.

Jim.