Re: ALPS psmouse_reset on reconnect confusing Tecra M2

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 July 2005 23:53, Micheal Marineau wrote:
>
>>Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Please try the following patch:
>>>
>>>	http://www.ucw.cz/~vojtech/input/alps-suspend-typo
>>>

>>This fixed the problem for mylaptop, but ONLY if I had #define DEBUG in
>>alps.c, switch it back to the usual #undef and the exact same problem
>>happens.  I've got no idea what's going on, I'll poke at it more when
>>I'm awake....
>>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, any update on this topic? Does it still only work with DEBUG?
>
> Thanks!

I have no clue why DEBUG helped, but it seems to have been simply dumb
luck as the issue came up again with DEBUG still on.  An easy workaround
was to compile psmouse as a module and unload/load it during the suspend
cycle (automatic with the hibernate script, it has psmouse in it's
blacklist).  I haven't dug into it to see what exactly doesn't get
initilized during resume that should.

--
Michael Marineau
[email protected]