Re: Real-Time Preemption -RT-V0.7.51-17 - Keyboard Problems

* Doug Maxey <[email protected]> wrote:

> FWIW, I have seen this issue under USB, off and on since about 2.6.9.
> Never have dug into it, was always simpler to just unplug and re-plug
> the keyboard.  Of course, this predates RT.

hm, doesnt this coincide with the pushing of some keyboard functionality
(such as LED handling, etc.) into keventd? Keyboard stuff used to be
done from a tasklet, but that had its own problems. Now that we use
keventd (which is a SCHED_OTHER task) the delays seen by the keyboard
handling path might be larger. This could both affect the hardware
(keyboards are quite fragile), or it could also trigger some races that
were not triggered that often with tasklets?

	Ingo