Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-final-V0.7.50-45

* Steven Rostedt <[email protected]> wrote:

> > To try and reproduce it again, I've added in /etc/rc3.d an S98reboot that
> > will switch the system to runlevel 6 again, and repeat the process over
> > and over. All this while connect to minicom and capturing.  Hopefully it
> > will eventually show the same bug.  If not, maybe it was just a fluke.
>
> OK, I just rebooted the machine a 100 times, and not one error.  Maybe
> it was just because the system failed on an earlier boot?  I don't
> know, but I can't spend any more time on it.  I'll keep my minicom's
> active at all times now.

hm, the "dead task enqueued!" is a real message that signals some real
nastiness. It should not occur under any circumstance - nor have i seen
it during the past couple of months. So lets keep an eye on it, but if
100 reboots didnt trigger it there's not much we can do but wait and
see.

	Ingo