Re: IBM HDAPS things are looking up

Bodo Eggert wrote:

Clemens Koller <[email protected]> wrote:

Well, sure, it's not a notebook HDD, but maybe it's possible
to give headpark a more generic way to get the heads parked?

I remember my old MFM HDD, which had a Landing Zone stored in the BIOS to
which the park command would seek. Maybe you could do something similar
and park the head on the last cylinder if the other options fail.
This makes me wonder... If you replace the internal HD with a non IBM or IBM supported Hard Drive, will it still park the head and will it support all the stuff?

.Alejandro