Re: [Hdaps-devel] RE: Head parking (was: IBM HDAPS things are looking up)

http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=ibm&lndocid=MIGR-41008

> >  Download is simple, just don't use the "IBM Download Manager".
> Main
> > problem is that one needs a bootable floopy drive and "the other
> OS" to
> > create a bootable floppy. It would be great if IBM could provide
> floppy
> > images for use with "dd" for the poor Linux users.
>
> Did you really need to make 18 diskettes?

 yikes - no !! :-) Somewhere on that page there is a table that tells
you which of the 18 floppies is for your disk. In my case it was #13.

> I have the feeling that this will work for many T4[012]p? users:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=TPAD-HDFIRM

 Yeah, I think that is the "DA" version. You still need "the other OS",
although you don't need the floppy.

 If IBM would provide a CD image (bootable ISO) containing FW for all
supported drives - that would be great. No need for the "other OS" any
more.

Cheers
Martin