Re: Kernel Oops with dual core athlon 64

Thanks, I'll recompile tonight and let you know if I still experience any issues.

Jon
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <[email protected]>
To: "Jon Schindler" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops with dual core athlon 64

Hi,

On Thursday, 7 of July 2005 07:58, Jon Schindler wrote:
The dmesg is below.  After I get this Oops, I am unable to use my (PS/2)
keyboard, and had to ssh to my machine in order to save a copy of dmesg
before rebooting the machine.  I've seen a couple of other users of dual
core machings having this problem. The suggestion so far has been to remove
the binary nvidia driver and repoducde the bug.  So, I went ahead and
removed the nvidia driver and used the deprecated nv driver that comes with X11 and I still have this issue. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for the help. I don't know my way around the kernel, but I do have experience with C and should be able to apply any
SMP patches if you want me to test it

It seems to be a cpufreq issue. You can try to apply the attached patch from
Mark Langsdorf.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.