Re: OOPS: frequent crashes with bttv in 2.6.X series (inc. 2.6.12)

Hi,

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Jeremy,

	BTTV cards uses massive data transfer via DMA when you are watching TV,
transfering one screen every 1/30 s. Maybe you are suffering from a
trouble on your motherboard or at board physical connection.

I had (have ?) similar problem with a bt878 :
if I use bttv orverlay and do disk IO (a `grep toto /usr' for example), there quickly RISC corruption message and my log and also ext3 corruption (that's why except for recovering epg data, I don't use anymore my card). There were a similar report were someone and mozilla corruption when watching tv.

When using gradisplay, I don't saw faillure, but I don't try for a long time.

Jeremy do you use overlay or gradisplay ?

Matthieu