Re: 2.6.13-rc2-mm1

> I'm inclined to just give up on the permissions thing - if someone comes up
> with something better then fine.
>
> But I do wonder whether v9fs would be a better place to be concentrating
> the development effort.

v9fs is a network filesystem.  And it's a network filesystem that's
not even very UNIX-y.  It's not easy to extend with Linux specfic
bits, specially if you want to keep the compatibility with the
original.  And all that compatibility and standard compliance just
adds extra layers, that are completely unnecessary for a _local_
userspace filesystem interface.

And even if it were to win on the userspace filesystem front in some
day, that day is very far away (if ever), and a little competition
will have a good effect on v9fs's development I believe.

Miklos