-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Bruno [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 4:44 PM
To: Alexander Nyberg
Cc: [email protected]; Karim Yaghmour; Peter Buckingham; Andi
Kleen; Alistair John Strachan; Hodle, Brian;
'[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Subject: [WORKAROUND] For ASUS K8N-DL PCI allocation issues

I have determined that if you disable ACPI altogether in the BIOS I can
actually use the on-board hardware.  There are still allocation issues,
but I can access the USB controller, Sound and Broadcom ethernet adapter
at this point.  I haven't tested any further and would like some other
K8N-DL users to test my findings and make sure that this is the only
setting required to make the board functional at this point.

With BIOS 1003, enter the BIOS and move to POWER.  Set ACPI APIC Support
to Disabled and reboot.

There is a small chance that you will also have to set the IRQ's of all
device manually.

Sean