RE: Problem with inotify

Gautam,

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 11:55 -0400, Gautam Singaraju wrote:
> I had used the 2.6.12 kernel with the latest Inotify. There was no
> "I_WILL_FREE" in the any place. And, there was no problem in compilation.

Er, yes, obviously.  You are not using my patch on top of inotify and
original inotify does not use I_WILL_FREE.  You are answering somewhat
out of context...

> I believe Inotify is very useful and should be included in the next versions
> of the kernel. Are there any ongoing plans for this?

I cannot answer this.  Robert/John?  However there appear to be issues
with it at the moment (the umount problems with ntfs volumes) so
probably not quite yet unless we figure out the problems...

Best regards,

        Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/