Re: ASUS K8N-DL Beta BIOS

Hodle, Brian wrote:
> Pretty sad when ASUS tells you to "Clear your CMOS". I thought I asked a
> pretty straightforward tech question... Makes me wonder if they even read
> it, or they had a PERL script do it!

They told me the same thing. That seems to be their standard tech support
answer for anything they can't handle ...

Anyone from ASUS reading this should take notice:

Having so much traffic going on on the LKML regarding the inability of
competent people to get your board to work is a major PR problem. As a
result of this, you are likely to have already lost dozens of potential
customers who may have been looking at this board, but as a result of
what they found from doing a google on "Linux and K8N-DL" have probably
decided to purchase another product instead.

And if no one from ASUS is reading this, then ASUS has got far more
serious problems than the previous paragraph hints.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits