Re: Sync option destroys flash!

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:21:23PM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> 	Funny you should mention SanDisk.  Maybe the newer ones have gotten
> better but the CF cards I used in my PDA were mixes of the SanDisk 128
> Meg and SimpleTech 128 Meg.  Burned up several before I realized it was
> the nightly backup program that was eating them and I didn't notice any
> difference between the brands.  I don't know what controller was in the
> SimpleTech CF cards.  Any way to tell short of dismantling them?

Not really.  I believe sandisk has wear leveling on the 201 series CF
cards and on their new generation CF/SD for sure they have it (and
unfortunately for us they discontinued industrial temperature in the new
line so we have had to look elsewhere for CF cards).

Unfortunately a lot of what is sold to consumers at retail is cheap
crap. :)

Len Sorensen