Re: Problems with Some MP3s in Rhythmbox

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Dave Cross <davorg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 29 March 2011 18:49, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Ted Roche <tedroche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 3. Also, the codecs you're using aren't part of Fedora, since Fedora
>> has intellectual property issues with ugly codecs, so you might get
>> better support from the original source.
>>
>> I use Fluendo's codecs, and hadn't seen this problem, sorry.
>
> The OP may have more luck re-posting to the RPMFusion or ATRPMS
> mailing list depending on where he got the Gstreamer plugin package.

Yeah. I'll definitely speak to the people at RPMFusion.

> Also, is it possible that the MP3 file has DRM? Your android phone
> probably has a closed source decoder that can handle it.

Can MP3s contain DRM? I didn't think that was possible. But I'm quite
prepared to be corrected on that.

Cheers,

Dave...

Try mp3check. It was available at one time for Fedora. If you cannot find it you can get the source from Debian. There is also a program named "Checkmate MP3 Checker" I have not tried it. You can download it from http://checkmate.gissen.nl/.