Re: (OT) Re: Direction of Fedora desktop manager Gnome, related to complaints in OT morons thread

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 17:51 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> As far as the British coming - if you want to hear well formed properly
> used examples of English grammar including forms the Brits get wrong all
> the time - try India.
>
> Alan
> [1] Arguably English is the same - ask anyone who has met Glaswegian,
> Geordie, a good solid Yorkshire accent, or many of the other Scots and
> Irish dialects.

...Indeed. As an American, I deal with "Indian English" all day, so I
feel for you.

Even worse, I was once in Switzerland at a restaurant trying to order
lunch from a waiter from deep in Scotland, and had to "translate" for
someone on our team who was born and raised in Dallas, TX. It was
definitely entertaining watching those two trying to communicate at
first.

Chris