[WAYYY OT] Begs the question

>From "Right to Die":

  Whipple: "They think it has a basis, but it hasn't."

  Wolfe: "That begs the question. I'll try again.
          Why do they think it has a basis?"

  Whipple: "Because I was there. Because she and I -
            we were friends. Because she was white
            and I'm black. Because of the billy,
            the club that killed her."

Apparently Nero Wolfe is willing to make contact with
the expression "begs the question" :-).