Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Chris Adams <cmadams <at> hiwaay.net> writes:

> Once upon a time, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> said:
> > * Try to open 2 side-by-side terminals on Fedora 15's Gnome 3:
> > I haven't managed to do so, yet.
> I disliked the panel-on-top with gnome-shell; the first thing I always
> do under older GNOME is move the top panel to the right and set the
> bottom panel to auto-hide.  Wtih 16x{9,10} monitors, vertical screen
> space is the premium.
>
> I hope more configuration tools are written; gconf/dconf are no better
> than MS's registry (as somebody else pointed out, changing greeter
> config is a PITA).
>
> I'll look at fallback mode, but I'll probably give XFCE a try.
>
> IMHO one impediment to the perpetual "next year is the year of the Linux
> Desktop" is the seemingly constant desire to chuck everything and
> change, often just for the sake of change.  On the Windows install or
> two I have to use, I always switch back to the "Windows Classic" look
> because it works.  That's an interface MS introduced over 15 years ago,
> but they still support it (IIRC it is still the default for server
> installs).

I hope the problems you describe are not true :-)

I just shyly executed:
$ yum grouplist | grep -i XFCE
   XFCE
   XFCE Software Development

There is another option.
http://memeburn.com/2011/03/hacker-group-anonymous-declares-war-on-global-banking-cartel

I am just wondering I we petitioned them to take care of a few problems ...
Perhaps they are Fedora and GNOME users too ..., even watching this list ...
If they were unconvinced, we can mention SELinux as well ... I am sure they
will then :-)

JB