Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:17 PM, john wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I thought you guys might get a chuckle from this,
>
> My wife just got a shiny new HP laptop with Windows 7 installed. She has
> never used Windows before, having mainly used Gnome on Fedora boxes.
> After a week of struggling, she just asked me to wipe Windows and
> install Fedora so she can get some work done without fighting the
> desktop. This is when she proclaimed that W7 was, "obviously designed by
> morons".
>
> I guess it depends on what you're familiar with. I personally thought W7
> looked very polished. I suspect it could probably be tweaked to work
> like Gnome, but why bother.

It depends on your definition of 'moron'.  I've used Macs for years
and the UA is sheer genius to get the 'common user' to work with the
system.  Yes, it has to be 'dumbed down' as most users don't even know
the term 'menu bar'.  I've liked Gnome since it first came out because
it made the assumption that the person in front of the screen actually
knew something about computers and how they worked.  If Gnome 3 is a
step away from this, it might be better for Linux, but not so for
those of us that have used it for about 18 years. (Slack .91 anyone?)